Friday, December 11, 2009

7 months old...

I'm home (finally) and a bit jet lagged but the trip and the conference were amazing (more on that later). But first while I was gone my little babies turned 7 months old. How the heck did that happen?


Gone are these days.

Now...


This piece of paper is very interesting...


So we may need to re-think our strategy.


No sign seems to have much better results.


I love this picture of Eli, because this smile, as huge as it is, is how he always smiles (and we finally got it on camera). He doesn't laugh often, but he smiles as wide as his mouth will open.

At 7 months Eli can:

* Roll from his back to his tummy (a very recent discovery). He however doesn't roll from his tummy to his back, so there is a lot of flipping him back over.
* Does a modify scooting on his back. He arches his back and then uses his feet to move around the room. So he can only move in one direction (whatever way he's facing) and he gets stuck a lot.
* Loves to put things over his face. He always puts his blanket over his head, or his bib, or the uh... couch.


While I was gone Marcus went to brush his teeth and Eli had "back" scooted himself under the couch. He was very content, kicking his legs and hanging out. (We can't leave the room without him contained anymore).
* Can tri-pod sit very briefly but he hates it. I think it's hard for him to breath and he whines. So no real sitting going on yet.
* Still eats 5.5-6 oz each bottle.
* Can bear weight on his legs.

I think that's pretty much the new things he's doing.



Emerson at 7 months:

* Easily move things from one hand to the other
* Laughs at every thing, all the time. Even her stretches for EI sends her into a fit of giggles.
* She loves to play with her tongue and her spit. She also loves to blow raspberries when she's eating which sends a spray of formula all over our faces.
* She is fascinated by cell phones and loves to grab at our faces.
* And she loves to be held and cuddled. Especially by her dad.

I think that's about all. I can't believe they're already 7 months old.

I try really hard not to compare the babies to each other but obviously it's hard not to. Emerson compared to Eli seems so far behind. She never rolls, no attempts to move, no bearing weight, still pretty poor head and muscle control. I know it will come with time and the physical therapist isn't really worried yet, but it's hard not to be a little concerned. I guess we'll see what the PT has to say next week when she comes.






1 comment:

Jessica White said...

I'm sure Emerson is fine and will catch up soon :-)

Those pictures are adorable...I have to say I've missed seeing them while you were gone.

You should definitely use the picture of the two of them smiling for Christmas: So perfect!