Thursday, December 8, 2011

Ministry...

Today, I met the newest little member of my congregation at just a few hours old. Mama and baby doing amazing. He was so tiny and perfect. It's funny how quickly you forget how small a newborn is (and how small mine must have been considering this little guy was almost 8lbs compared to their 3lbs).

Then on Saturday I'll officiate my second funeral and we'll say good-bye to another member of the congregation. The cycle of life and death.

I feel blessed and humbled t to pay witness, offer blessings, and prayers in both events.

Both life changing...

The celebration of a new life just beginning, and the celebration and remembering of 89 years well lived.

1 comment:

Jessica White said...

I think that must be one of the great blessings of being in ministry...just seeing how life ebbs and flows.