Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Generations...

Emerson loves trying to figure out our family.

She's constantly asking "Who is Grammy? Your mom or daddy's mom?"

"Who is Gram, Daddy's mom?"

The other day I showed her a picture of my grandma who we all call Mama mou, and haven't mentioned anything since then.

Tonight as I was tucking her into bed we had the best talk.

She said, "Who is Grandma moo moo? Your mom?"

So I explained to her how Grammy is my mom, and Grandma moo moo (isn't that the cutest?) is Grammy's mom, and I'm her mom.

Lots of moms and generations for her to figure out.

Then we talked about our names which is one of her favorite things. When I ask her, her whole big name she always says proudly, "Emerson Elaine S."

And she knows my whole big name is, "Sadie Elaine" and then I remind her that Grammy and Grandma Moo Moo share the name Elaine too.

So adorable. At the end of the conversation she asked me why Grandma moo moo lived so far away, and she wanted to go see her. Me too Emmy, me too. It's been far too long since I've seen my grandparents.

Grandma Moo Moo (Mama mou), Grammy, mama (me), and Emmy baby. At my sisters wedding in 2010. The only time we've all four been together.

1 comment:

Jessica White said...

We have those conversations too...my grandmas are an abstract to A though, because they're gone.

Beautiful picture of all of you though!